Father Patrick Conway
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1927-1929: St. Ignatius High School (San Francisco, CA)
- 1929-1931: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1931-1934: St. Mary’s College (St. Mary’s, KA)
- 1934-1935: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1935-1937: St. Francis Xavier’s (Missoula, MT)
- 1937-1938: St. Stanislaus’ (Lewiston, ID)
- 1938-1946: Bellarmine High School (Tacoma, WA)
- 1946-1947: Gonzaga University High School (Spokane, WA)
- 1947-1951: St. Francis Xavier Mission (Crow Indian Reservation/St. Xavier, MT)
- 1947-1951: Our Lady of Loretto (Lodgegrass, MT)
- 1947-1951: St. Anthony’s (Wyola, MT)
- 1947-1951: St. Denis (Crow Agency, MT)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Patrick Conway:
Fr. Patrick Conway was a priest of the Jesuits’ Oregon Province, ordained in 1934. He was assigned to parishes in Missoula, Montana and Lewiston, Idaho, high schools in Tacoma and Spokane, Washington, and briefly served in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in His whereabouts after 1951 are unknown. Conway’s name was included on the Province’s 2011 list of “perpetrators of sexual abuse”. The Jesuits agreed to post the list on its website as part of its bankruptcy reorganization plan.
In 2018, Fr. Patrick Conway was included on the Diocese of Great Falls-Billings list of priests credibly accused of child sex abuse. He was also included on the Jesuits West Province list, which noted an allegation of abuse occurring from 1945-1949, was reported in 2009 .
Fr. Conway was dismissed from the Jesuits circa 1950. His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1951 and on, is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us toll-free at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.