Father Michael Cherup
Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee
- 1981-1985: Blessed Sacrament (Tallahassee, FL)
- 1981-1985: Trinity Catholic School (Tallahassee, FL)
- 1981-2005: Youth Activities Office at the Diocese
- 1986-1989: Our Lady Queen of the Rosary and Peace (Fountain, FL)
- 1989-1993: Christ Our Redeemer (Niceville, FL)
- 1993-1999: Sacred Heart Cathedral (Pensacola, FL)
- 1999-2013: St. Mary (Fort Walton Beach, FL)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Michael Cherup:
In 2003, Fr. Michael Cherup was accused of sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy in 1993 when Cherup was assigned to the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Pensacola. Cherup was removed from his duties at St. Mary Catholic School when the allegation surfaced.
After conducting an internal investigation, the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee deemed the allegations credible. Cherup was then removed without privileges ten years later in 2013. Cherup is named on the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee 2020 list of priests that have been credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor or minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.