Father Thomas Murphy
Diocese of Rockville Centre
- 1970: Camp Immaculate (Mattituck, NY)
- 1970-1978: Corpus Christi (Mineola, NY)
- 1978: St. John Nepomucene (Bohemia, NY)
- 1979-1987: St. Dominic (Oyster Bay, NY)
- 1987-1992: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Lindenhurst, NY)
- 1992-Unknown: Our Lady of Grace (West Babylon, NY)
- 1996-Unknown: Chaplaincy at Winthrop Hospital, with residence at Corpus Christi (Mineola, NY)
- 2002-2003: St. Mark (Shoreham, NY)
- 2003-2006: Pius X (Resident) (Uniondale, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas Murphy:
Fr. Thomas Murphy is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The list states that the alleged sexual abuse occurred when Murphy worked at Saint Dominic R.C. Church in Oyster Bay, NY, sometime between 1979-1987. The list also says that Murphy abused his victim(s) in his car. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown. Fr. Murphy died in 2006.
It is important to note that the list, released in March 2021, is not exhaustive. “It is a list of all priests and deacons that the Diocese knows have been the subject of an adverse determination by the Diocesan Review Board of the Debtor that an allegation of clergy abuse against such priest was credible or against whom an allegation of clergy abuse was made through the Diocese’s Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program (“IRCP”) and the Debtor made a payment in settlement of such allegation through the IRCP.”
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.