Father Joseph Correnti
Diocese of Little Rock
- 1972-1974: Immaculate Conception (Fort Smith, AR)
- 1974-1978: Our Lady of the Holy Souls (Little Rock, AR)
- 1978-1981: St. Agnes, Mena; St. Jude, Waldron; All Saints, Mount Ida
- 1981-1987: Diocesan Vocations Director and Director of Youth Ministries
- 1981-1982: St. John Catholic Center (Little Rock, AR) (in residence)
- 1982: St. Anne (North Little Rock, AR)
- 1982-1983: St. Boniface, New Dixie; and the missions St. Francis, Little Italy, and Petit Jean
- 1983-1985: St. Patrick (North Little Rock, AR)
- 1985-1986: St. John, Russellville; St. Augustine, Dardanelle
- 1986-1987: St. Anne (North Little Rock, AR)
- 1987-1989: Holy Trinity Seminary (Irving, Texas)
- 1989-1991: St. Paul (Pocahontas, AR)
- 1991-1994: Our Lady of the Holy Souls (Little Rock, AR)
- 1994-1995: Leave of Absence
- 1996-2001: St. Raphael (Springdale, AR)
- 1995-2002: St. Joseph (Tontitown, AR)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Joseph Correnti:
Fr. Joseph Correnti was ordained a priest in 1972 and worked in various parishes in the Diocese of Little Rock. In 2018, Correnti was first publicly named and included on the Diocese of Little Rock’s list of credibly accused clergy for whom allegations of sexual abuse of a minor have been admitted, substantiated, determined, or considered to be credible. Two known victims were noted on this list.
According to media reports, in 2019, Correnti was accused in a lawsuit of sexually abusing a boy, ages 14-15, during 1995-2002. According to the suit, there were at least five known victims. In 2020, a sixth man accused Correnti of sexually abusing him as an altar boy when he was 13 or 14 years old, in approximately 1983-1984. Correnti allegedly forced the boy to perform sexual acts on multiple occasions. Another priest was said to have discovered the boy in Correnti’s living quarters, chastised the boy, and took no action against Correnti. The suit was settled.
Fr. Correnti died by suicide in 2002, the day after admitting guilt to an accusation.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Little Rock in Arkansas. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Arkansas, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Arkansas and nationwide. We can help.