Brother Robert Lindemann
Diocese of Rockville Centre/Baltimore/Marianist
- 1974-1975: Cardinal Gibbons High School (Baltimore, MD)
- Cathedral Latin High School (Cleveland, OH)
- Chaminade High School (Dayton, OH)
- Covington Catholic High School (Covington, KY)
- Diocese of Brooklyn, Educational TV (Brooklyn, NY)
- Diocese of Rockville Centre’s Educational TV (Rockville, NY)
- Immaculate Conception (Washington, DC)
- Most Holy Trinity High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- North Catholic High School (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Our Lady of Rosary Grade School (Dayton, OH)
- Purcell Marian High School (Cincinnati, OH)
- St. James High School (Chester, PA)
- St. John’s Home (Rockaway, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Brother Robert Lindemann:
Br. Robert Lindemann was a brother of the Marianist order and worked in the Diocese of Rockville Centre, the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the Archdiocese of New York, Kentucky, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. In 2020, Br. Lindemann was listed on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of Minors list. In December 2020, he was named publicly as accused by the Marianist Order on its list. In April 2023, Maryland’s Attorney General released a report alleging 156 Catholic clergy members sexually abused at least 600 children over six decades. The report lists the names of the abusers, including Father Robert Lindemann.
“In April 2021, the official committee of abuse survivors in the Diocese’s bankruptcy identified Brother Lindemann as a person accused of abuse who has some connection to the Rockville Centre Diocese.” According to the committee, the people on this list “…have been accused of committing sexual abuse. These people have served within the territorial limits of the Diocese of Rockville Centre. A religious order and/or diocese outside of the Diocese of Rockville Centre found sexual abuse accusations against these people to be credible, or sexual abuse lawsuits have been filed against these people.”
Brother Lindemann died in 1995.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process, but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.