Have You Been Sexually Abused By A Catholic Priest Of The Diocese Of Fresno? We Can Help.
If you have been sexually abused by a Catholic priest – or anyone else working in the Diocese of Fresno – you may have an opportunity to seek justice and compensation due to a new victim compensation fund created by the Diocese of Fresno. Horowitz Law is now evaluating legal claims for anyone sexually abused by anyone associated with the Diocese of Fresno. Contact us today at 954-641-2100 or reach out online to learn more.
California lawmakers recently passed a “window” during which the statute of limitations is temporarily suspended for all cases against the Diocese of Fresno, but you must act soon.
A short “window” of time, as it is often called, will allow anyone sexually abused as a child in California, including by Diocese of Fresno priests and other employees, to file lawsuits against their perpetrators and the institutions that protected and enabled the abusers. This is the case even if the statute of limitations ran out a long time ago. The window is now open but will only be open for a very limited time. Once the window has expired, many clergy sexual abuse claims will be forever barred.
Therefore, it is very important that you contact us today to determine your legal options against the Diocese of Fresno and anyone else who has hurt you.
Through our own investigation, our team has identified 42 clergy in the Diocese of Fresno who have been publicly accused of sexually abusing minors.
Truth is power. Through our own efforts, our lawyers have compiled what we believe is the most comprehensive list of priests and brothers accused of sexual abuse of minors who have worked in the Diocese of Fresno, and the list is expected to grow as more survivors come forward to speak their truth. So far, we have identified a staggering 42 clergy who worked in the Diocese of Fresno who have been publicly accused of sexually abusing minors. In many cases, the men listed below were merely transferred from parish to parish after allegations arose, and left a long trail of victims across the Diocese of Fresno.
The men we have identified are:
- Fr. William Allison
- Fr. Gaspar Bautista
- Fr. Brian D. Bjorklund
- Fr. John “Jack” Bradley (Jesuit)
- Bishop Tod Brown
- Br. Samuel Cabot (Franciscan Friar)
- Fr. James Cairns (Vincentian)
- Br. Felix Calonge (Franciscan Friar)
- Fr. Stuart Campbell (Dominican)
- Fr. David (Laurian) Carrier (Franciscan)
- Fr. Hermy Dave Ceniza
- Br. Gerald Chumik (Franciscan Friar)
- Br. Mario Cimmarusti (Franciscan Friar)
- Fr. Basil Peter Congro
- Fr. Daniel DeDominicis (Holy Spirit Fathers)
- Fr. Raul Diaz
- Br. Dennis Duffy (Franciscan Friar)
- Fr. Ted Feely (Franciscan)
- Fr. Don Flickinger
- Fr. Miguel Flores
- Fr. Benjamin Gabriel
- Fr. Robert Gamel
- Fr. Louis Aloysius Garcia
- Msgr. Craig Francis Harrison
- Fr. Gerald Hartz
- Msgr. Anthony Herdegen
- Fr. Edgardo Arrunataegui Jimenez
- Br. David Johnson (Franciscan Friar)
- Fr. Stephen Kain (Franciscan)
- Fr. Greg Kareta (Franciscan)
- Fr. David LaPierre (Franciscan)
- Fr. Cornelius P. Leehan (Redemptorist)
- Fr. Mark Liening (Franciscan)
- Br. Jorge Ortiz Lopez (Franciscan Friar)
- Cardinal Roger Mahony
- Fr. Michael McDonald
- Fr. Vincent O’Connell (Marist)
- Msgr. Joseph Pacheco
- Fr. John Shepherd (Jesuit)
- Fr. Anthony Slane (Redemptorist)
- Fr. Eric Swearingen
- Br. Ramon Varela (Franciscan Friar)
Horowitz Law represents victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at 954-641-2100 to discuss your options today.