Father Leonard Broughan
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Assigned as follows:
- 1955-1957: St. Stanislaus (Lansdale, PA)
- 1957: St. Edward the Confessor, (Philadelphia,PA)
- 1957-1961: Cardinal Dougherty High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1961-1962: St. Bridget (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1962-1966: St. Henry (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1966-1967: Glastonbury Monastery (MA outside the Philadelphia Archdiocese)
- 1967-1968: St. John the Evangelist (Morrisville, PA)
- 1968: St. George, Phila
- 1968-1978: Roman Catholic High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1978-1981: St. Henry (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1981-1983: St. Isaac Jogues (Wayne, PA)
- 1983-1984: Queen of Peace (Ardsley, PA)
Summary of Allegations Against Father Leonard Broughan:
Father Leonard Broughan was ordained a priest in 1955 and served in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to the Philadelphia 2005 Grand Jury Report, he was accused of sexually abusing of two children. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia was notified of such allegations in 1993 and 1995. According to records, in 1993, an Archdiocesan official told Monsignor McGroarty to have the complainants of whom he became aware of, to contact the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. However, in 1995, the Archdiocesan officials required the second complaint be addressed with the Carmelites even though Father Broughan was working in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia when the abuse allegedly occurred in 1972.
Father Broughan died in 1998.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.