Father Pasquale Catullo
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Placed on leave: 2004
Assigned as follows:
- 1963-1964: St. Michael of the Saints (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1964: Our Lady of Pompeii (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1964-1969: Archbishop Kennedy High School
- 1964-1968: Holy Saviour (Norristown, PA)
- 1968-1969: Cosmas/Damian (Conshohocken, PA)
- 1969-1972: Saint John Neumann High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1969-1976: St. Mary Magdalen De Pazzi (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1976-1977: Holy Saviour (Norristown, PA)
- 1977-1982: St. Irenaeus (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1982-1983: St. Patrick (Kennett Square, PA)
- 1983: King of Peace (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1983-1986: Stella Maris (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1986-1988: St. Thomas Aquinas (Croydon, PA)
- 1988-1989: St. Paul (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1989-1993: St. Anthony of Padua (Chester, PA)
- 1993-1996: Annunciation B.V.M. (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1996-1997: St. Helena (Center Square, PA)
- 1996-2004: Villa Saint Teresa
Summary of Allegations Against Father Pasquale Catullo:
Father Pasquale Catullo was ordained a priest in 1963 and served in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to the Philadelphia 2005 Grand Jury Report, Father Pasquale was accused in 1969 of abuse of a female high school student. He self-reported the incident and requested to transfer. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia knew of his abuse yet continued to reassign him for 15 years. In late 2004 the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s internal review board found the allegations against Father Catullo to be credible and substantiated.
Father Catullo agreed to the removal of his priestly faculties, to forgo the Church penal process and to accept the imposition of a supervised life of prayer and penance.
Father Catullo’s name is included on a secret 1994 memo from Wm. Lynn to Monsignor James Molloy summarizing the sexual abuse allegations hidden in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s secret archives who were guilty of sexual misconduct with a minor.
Catullo is living at Villa St. Joseph with other accused priests. The nature of his daily supervision is unknown.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.