Father Paul Castellani
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Placed on leave: 2011
Assigned as follows:
- 1996-1998: Holy Innocents (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1998-2001: Ascension of Our Lord (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2001-2005: Saint Martin of Tours (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2005-2007: Saint Pius X (Broomall, PA)
- 2007-2008: Saint John Fisher (Boothwyn, PA)
- 2008-2011: Saint Philomena (Lansdowne, PA)
- 2011: Placed on administrative leave
Summary of Allegations Against Father Paul Castellani:
Father Paul Castellani was ordained a priest in 1966 and served in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to media reports, he was one of 21 priests placed on administrative leave in 2011 pending an investigation for credible allegations involving sexual abuse or inappropriate behavior with minors. He was later found suitable for ministry after determining that the misconduct claims against him were unsubstantiated by the Archdiocese’s internal review board. Castellani was returned to ministry in 2012.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.