Father Daniel Hoy
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Removed from ministry: 2011
Assigned as follows:
- 1948-1951: St. Joseph (Downington, PA)
- 1951-1957: St. Christopher (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1951-1957: Philadelphia State Hospital (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1957-1964: Old St. Mary (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1964-1969: St. Joseph (Collingdale, PA)
- 1969-1972: Most Blessed Sacrament (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1972-1977: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Morton, PA)
- 1977-1982: St. Peter (Honey Brook, PA)
- 1982-1991: St. Leo (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1991-2011: Our Lady of the Assumption (Strafford, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Daniel Hoy:
Father Daniel Hoy was ordained a priest in 1948 and served in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to media reports, he was one of 21 priests placed on administrative leave by Cardinal Justin Rigali after the second grand jury report indicated that more than 30 priests still in active ministry had been accused of sexual abuse of minors.
No details have been made public about the nature or context of the allegation(s) involving Hoy. The date the Archdiocese of Philadelphia became aware of the allegation(s) is also not clear.
Hoy died not long after his suspension, and, as such, the Archdiocese’s internal review board suspended the investigation of the allegation(s) against him and made no determination if the allegation(s) is/are credible. Therefore, his name does not appear on any of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s lists of credibly accused priests.
Hoy died in 2011.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.