Father Edward Kuczynski
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Named in civil lawsuit: 2006
Assigned as follows:
- 1977-1982: St. Adalbert (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1982-1983: St. Mary (Conshohocken, PA)
- 1983-1984: St. John Cantius (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1984-1987: Our Lady Help of Christians (Abington, PA)
- 1987-1989: St. Josaphat (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1989-1990: St. Cecilia (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1990-1995: St. Hedwig (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1991-1992: Philadelphia Community College
- 1994-2006: St. Peter (Pottstown, PA)
- 2006-2009: St. Philip Neri (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2007-2009: St. Monica Manor (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2009-2011: St. Charles Borromeo (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2018-present: St. Philip Neri (Philadelphia, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Kuczynski:
Father Edward Kuczynski was ordained a priest in 1977 and served in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to media reports, he was named in a 2006 civil lawsuit that alleged he sexually abused a young boy at St. Peter grammar school from 2002-2005. According to the suit, the boy told the school principal about the abuse, and she dismissed him by telling him nothing happened. The suit says that the abuse continued until the boy’s mother removed him from the school. The incidents were reported to police, but Kuczynski was not charged with any crimes.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia conducted a cursory interview into the allegations and determined that they were not credible. Kuczynski was deemed suitable to return to ministry. He serves in Philadelphia as pastor of St. Philip Neri parish.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.