Father Roger McQuarrie
Diocese of St. Petersburg
Assigned as follows:
- Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School (Buffalo, NY)
- St Francis of Assisi Priory (New York, NY)
- Military Chaplain
- St. Mary (Pompton Lakes, NJ)
- St. Anthony Shrine (Boston, MA)
- Our Lady of the Rosary (Worchester, MA)
- Kennedy Youth Center (Morgantown, WV)
- St. Mary Hospital (Waterbury, CT)
- St. Joseph Hospital (Tampa, FL)
- St. Francis (Triangle, VA)
- St. Anthony Friary (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Holy Name Friary (Ringwood, NJ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Roger McQuarrie:
Fr. Roger McQuarrie entered the Franciscan Order at St. Bonaventure Monastery in 1943. He was ordained in a priest in 1950. He was a Franciscan Friar for 52 years. During that time, he was active in parish, school, and military ministry in multiple parishes including in the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
According to media reports, in 2021, for the first time, Holy Name Province published a list of Franciscan friars with substantiated child sexual abuse and misconduct claims following a review of its files by an advisory firm. The Franciscan Friars Holy Name Province publicly named Fr. McQuarrie on its list of friars with substantiated allegations of child sexual abuse. Information about the dates, age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse was not provided by the Franciscan Province.
Fr. Roger McQuarrie died in 1995.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of St. Petersburg. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of St. Petersburg may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.