Father Steven Marinucci
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Assigned as follows:
- 1974-1978: St. Bernard (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1975-1979: St. Hubert High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1978-1983: St. Bartholomew (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1983-1985: Our Lady of Fatima (Bensalem, PA)
- 1985-1990: St. John the Evangelist (Morrisville, PA)
- 1990-2000: St. Charles Borromeo Seminary (Wynnewood, PA)
- 2000-2001: St. Clement (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2001-2010: St. Agatha/St. James (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2010-2019: St. Matthew (Philadelphia, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Steven Marinucci:
Fr. Steven Marinucci was ordained a priest in 1974. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. He was an associate pastor at St. Matthew parish in Philadelphia since 2010. Prior to that period, he worked from 2001 to 2010 at St. Agatha-St. James Parish, which serves University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University students.
According to media reports, in January 2019, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia received an allegation that Fr. Marinucci sexually abused a minor child during the 1970s, while he was assigned to St. Hubert’s High School for Girls and living at St. Bernard and St. Bartholomew. The age and gender of the child were not released. In February 2019, he was suspended from active ministry pending a law enforcement investigation of the allegations. He will remain suspended pending the law enforcement and internal investigations.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.