Father Joseph Orsini
Diocese of Camden
Assigned as follows:
- St. Isidore (Vineland, NJ)
- Sacred Heart (Mt. Ephraim, NJ)
- Camden Catholic High School (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Camden, NJ)
- St. Paul (Stone Harbor, NJ)
- St. Agnes (Blackwood, NJ)
- St. Edward (Pine Hill, NJ)
- Gloucester Catholic High School (Gloucester, NJ)
- Campus Minister Rutgers University (Camden, NJ)
- Immaculate Conception (Camden, NJ)
- Holy Rosary (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Immaculate Heart of Mary (Woodlynne, NJ)
- Campus Minister Stockton/Atlantic County Community College, NJ
- Assumption (Pomona, NJ)
- Holy Spirit (Atlantic City, NJ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Joseph Orsini:
Father Joseph Orsini was recently included on the Diocese of Camden list of priests who were named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. Orsini is accused of having engaged in repeated criminal sexual contact with a minor boy on several occasions beginning in 1967 while assigned in the Diocese of Camden.
Orsini was accused in a 1994 RICO pleading of having engaged in repeated criminal sexual contact with a minor boy on several occasions beginning in 1967. All RICO claims were settled in 2003.
According to Bishop Sullivan, the February 2019 list, “includes those who admitted to the abuse, those who were found guilty after a trial in the church courts or the civil courts, and others against whom the evidence was so overwhelming as to be virtually unquestionable.”
Orsini died in 2010.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Camden in New Jersey. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Camden Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.