Monsignor Richard C. Brietske
Diocese of Trenton
Elevated to Monsignor: 1997
Appointed Chancellor of Diocese: 2001
Retired from Chancellor of Diocese: 2007
Removed from Ministry: 2018
Assigned as follows:
- 1982-1995: Church of the Nativity (Fair Haven, NJ)
- 1982-1995: St. Gregory the Great (Hamilton Square, Monmouth)
- 1982-1985: St. George (Titusville, N)
- 2007-2018: St. Catharine (Holmdel, NJ)
- 2007-2018: Chaplain, Monmouth University
- Chancellor, Diocese of Trenton
- Founding principal, St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Edison, NJ)
- Co-Director, Diocesan Office of Evangelization
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Maple Shade, NJ)
- St. Rose (Belmar, NJ)
- St. Mary (South Amboy, NJ)
- St. Dominic (Bricktown, NJ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Monsignor Richard C Brietske:
In February 2019, the Diocese of Trenton included Msgr. Richard C Brietske to a list of priests with credible sexual abuse allegations against them. The record dates back as far as the 1940s but does not include details of the allegations against the accused. The Diocese of Trenton has said only that Brietske was the subject of one allegation of abuse and was removed from ministry as a result.
Along with his priestly duties, Brietske has previously founded schools and has been the director of three separate Diocesan offices.
Brietske retired in 2007 but had been assisting at St. Catharine in Holmdel, New Jersey until his removal from ministry in 2018.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Trenton in New Jersey. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Trenton now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.