Father M. Francis McGrath
Diocese of Trenton
Removed from Ministry: 1995
Assigned as follows:
- 1972-1974: St. Mary’s Seminary and University (Roland Park, MD)
- 1976-1977: St. Mary’s Seminary and University (Roland Park, MD)
- 1978-1983: St. James (Red Bank, NJ)
- 1983-1989: St. Anthony’s (Trenton, NJ)
- 1989-1995: St. Justin’s (Toms River, NJ)
- 1972-1973: Gilman School (Baltimore, MD)
- 1973-1974: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Baltimore, MD)
- 1974-1976: Calvert Hall College High School (Towson, MD)
- 1976-1977: St. Anthony of Padua (Baltimore, MD)
- 1995-2002: Leave of Absence
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father M. Francis McGrath:
According to media reports, in 1995, a victim came forward alleging Fr. M. Francis McGrath sexually abused them in the early 1970s. McGrath studied at St. Mary’s Seminary and University in Baltimore, Maryland at the time of the abuse. A 2nd victim came forward in 2002 claiming McGrath also sexually abused them during the mid-1970s. In 1995, McGrath acknowledged he abused “3 or 4 victims” during his time in the priesthood.
The Diocese of Trenton recently released a list naming each of the priests within their ministry who have credible allegations of child sexual abuse against them. The Diocese included McGrath on the list. However, the Diocese of Trenton did not provide any details about the multiple allegations against McGrath, such as the ages/genders of the victims.
McGrath was included on the Archdiocese of Baltimore list of priests credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Trenton in New Jersey. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Trenton now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.