Father Edward Gilmour
Diocese of Albany
Assigned as follows:
- 1951-1952: Blessed Sacrament (Albany, NY)
- 1953: St. Mary’s (Little Falls, NY)
- 1954: St. Francis de Sales (Albany, NY)
- 1955: SS. Peter and Paul (Frankfort, NY)
- 1956-1961: St. Mary’s (Amsterdam, NY)
- 1962: Church of the Holy Family (Downsville, NY)
- 1963: St. Joseph’s, Otsego (Worcester, NY)
- 1965-1966: St. Joseph’s, Otsego Co. (Worcester NY)
- 1967-68: St. Margaret of Cortona (Rotterdam Junction, NY)
- 1969: Church of St. Joan of Arc (Menands, NY)
- 1970-1971: St. Francis de Sales (Troy, NY)
- 1972-1977: St. Thomas the Apostle, Mount Pleasant (Schenectady, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Gilmour:
In 2018, Fr. Edward Gilmour was included on the Diocese of Albany list of priests who were named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse. Very little is known of Gilmour’s activities within the church as the Diocese of Albany has not released all of the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse or Gilmour’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Gilmour died in July 1977.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Albany, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.