Father Francis Bourbon
Diocese of Charlotte
Assigned as follows:
- 1968 – 1971: Gonzaga College High School (Washington, DC)
- 1959 – 1968: Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD)
- 1968 – 1969: Georgetown Preparatory School (N. Bethesda, MD)
- 1969 – 1977: Scranton Preparatory School (Scranton, PA)
- 1977 – 1978: Immaculate Conception Parish (New Orleans, LA)
- 1978 – 1981: Scranton Preparatory School (Scranton, PA)
- 1981 – 1982: Immaculate Heart Church (High Point, NC)
- 1982 – 1984: St. Barnabas Church (Arden, NC)
- 1985 – 1986: Nativity Parish (Buckingham, VA); Our Lady of Peace Church (Appomattox, VA)
- 1986 – 1988: Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD)
- 1988 – 1992: St. Jane Frances de Chantal Church (Riviera Beach, MD)
- 1992 – 1993: Wheeling Jesuit University (Wheeling, WV)
- 1993 – 1994: St. Paul’s Church (Weirton, WV)
- 1994 – 1996: Nativity of Our Lord Church (Wayne, WV)
- 1996 – 2003: Wheeling Jesuit University (Wheeling, WV)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Francis Bourbon:
Father Francis Bourbon, was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1957, and served in multiple dioceses including the Diocese of Charlotte. According to media reports, he was accused of a single allegation of an unwanted kiss of a minor that took place in Buckingham, Virginia. The estimated time of abuse was 1985. It is unclear whether the victim is male or female, and what age the victim was at the time of the unwanted contact.
In December 2018, Father Francis Bourbon’s name appeared on the Maryland Province of the Society of Jesus list of Jesuits with credible allegations of sexual abuse of minors since 1950.
In February 2019, Father Bourbon’s name appeared on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of credibly accused priests. His name now appears on the Diocese of Charlotte’s list of credibly accused priests as well.
He died in Granite, Maryland in 2007.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Charlotte in North Carolina. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in North Carolina, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Charlotte now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in North Carolina and nationwide. We can help.