Father Raymond Fullam
Diocese of Albany
Assigned as follows:
- 1946-1948: Xavier High School (New York, NY)
- 1952: Weston College (Weston, MA)
- 1953: Tertianship (Auriesville, NY)
- 1953-1958: Canisius High School (Buffalo, NY)
- 1958-1964: Military Chaplain
- 1964-1965: St. Peter’s (Jersey City, NJ)
- 1965-1967: St. Francis Xavier (New York, NY)
- 1967-1969: Manresa Retreat House (Staten Island, NY)
- 1969-1972: Christ the King (Syracuse, NY)
- 1972-1976: Canisius High School (Buffalo, NY)
- 1977-1982: Martyr’s Shrine (Auriesville, NY)
- 1983: Jogues Retreat (Cornwall, NY)
- 1984-1985: Gonzaga-Seven Springs (Monroe, NY)
- 1986-1987: Jesuit Provincial’s Office (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Raymond Fullam:
Fr. Raymond Fullam was ordained a priest in 1951. He completed his tertianship within the Diocese of Albany.
According to the Jesuits, in 2009, allegations of sexual abuse arose by a Canisius High School alumnus involving Fullam. The alleged abuse occurred in approximately 1954. There was an additional incident that took place in 1965. The allegations were found “credible after the investigation”.
In January 2019, Fullam was named on the list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.” In November 2019, Fullam was also included on the updated Diocese of Buffalo list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Fullam died in 1987.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Albany, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.