Father James Grimes
Diocese of Orange
Assigned as follows:
- 1943-1948 St. Monica (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1949-1950 St. Aloysius’ (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1951-1957 Holy Spirit Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1958-1958 St. Raymond Catholic Church (Downey, CA)
- 1959-1959 All Saints Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1960-1960 St. Gertrude Catholic Church (Bell Gardens, CA)
- 1961-1961 St. Mary Church (Fullerton, CA)
- 1962-1964 Absent on Leave
- 1965 St. Joseph Catholic Church (Carpinteria, CA)
- 1966 St. Gerard Majella Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1967 St. Pancratius Catholic Church (Lakewood, CA)
- 1968-1970 Absent on Sick Leave
- 1971-1972 Precious Blood Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1973 Absent on Sick Leave
- 1974 St. Bernardine of Siena Catholic Church (Woodland Hills, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James Grimes:
Father James Grimes was ordained a priest in 1942, who served in the Diocese of Orange. According to media reports, he was accused of sexually abusing at least three children from approximately 1958 to 1959 while working at All Saints Catholic Church in Los Angeles. He was named in at least one civil suit. In 1975, he retired and died in 1978. He was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Orange in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Orange now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.