Father William Savord
Diocese of San Bernardino
Assigned as follows:
- 1958-1962: St. Edward (Corona, CA)
- 1963: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1964: Mercy Hospital (San Diego, CA)
- 1965: St. William Church (Eagle Mountain, CA)
- 1966-1968: Immaculate Heart of Mary (Niland, CA)
- 1969: St. Joseph (Holtville, CA)
- 1970-1971: Our Lady of the Lake (Lake Arrowhead, CA)
- 1972-1974: St. Margaret Mary (Chino, CA)
- 1975-1984: San Rafael (San Diego, CA)
- 1984: St. Brigid (San Diego, CA)
- 1985-1986: Our Lady of Lourdes Church (Montclair, CA)
- 1987-1988: Our Lady of the Desert Church (Apple Valley, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father William Savord:
For almost 30 years, Fr. William Savord worked in the San Diego diocese, before working in the Diocese of San Bernardino in 1984. According to media reports, a few years later, Savord was removed from active priesthood without privileges in October 1988. He was sent for treatment at the Paraclete Center, an institution known for treating clergy accused of child sexual abuse.
According to the Diocese of San Diego, Savord resigned from the priesthood in August 1990 because of problems in his “past life.” In March 2007, his name was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor. No specific information was found as to actual allegations. His personnel file released was released in October 2010.
Savord died in July 2004.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in San Bernardino, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.