Father Donald Keenan
Archdiocese of Newark
Assigned as follows:
- 1943-1944 St. Joseph’s Passionist Monastery (Baltimore, MD)
- 1944-1947 St. Ann’s (Scranton, PA)
- 1947-1951 St. Mary’s / St. Mary’s Passionist Monastery (Dunkirk, NY)
- 1951-1961 Passionist Fathers Sacred Heart Retreat (Toronto, CA)
- 1961-1966 Passionist Monastery (Union City, NJ)
- 1966-1967 Our Lady of Florida Monastery, North Palm Beach, FL
- 1967-1974 Holy Family Monastery, Farmington, CT
- 1976-1987 St. Gabriel’s Passionist Monastery, Boston, MA)
- 1984-1987 Priests of the Province residence houses not listed
- 1988-1994 Passionist Provincial House, South River, NJ
- 1995 Holy Family Monastery, West Hartford, CT
- 1996-2019 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Donald Keenan:
Father Donald Keenan was ordained a Passionate Missionaries priest in 1943 and served in the Archdiocese of Newark. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to media reports, in 1998, he was accused of masturbating two boys in 1977, and insisting that they masturbate him. One boy was 13 years old and the other was mentally challenged. The alleged abuse occurred at Father Keenan’s family home in Malden, Massachusetts, where he had retired to in 1975. One victim said Brother Keenan was friendly with his family and his parents would never believe the things he did to him, so he never told.
Father Keenan died in 1995. His name was one of 70 religious order and visiting priests omitted from an official list of publicly accused sexual abusers that the Archdiocese of Boston published in August 2011.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark in New Jersey. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused in the Archdiocese of Newark, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.