Father Ernest Faggioni (Fagione)
Diocese of Paterson
Assigned as follows:
- 1948-1949: Unknown
- 1950: Salesian High School Residence (New Rochelle, NY)
- 1951-1959: Hope Haven (Marrero, LA)
- 1960-1961: Don Bosco Technical School (Paterson, NJ)
- 1962-1963: Don Bosco Juniorate (West Haverstraw, NY)
- 1964-1966: Hope Haven (Marrero, LA)
- 1967-1974: Archbishop Shaw High School (Marrero, LA)
- 1975-1979: Salesian Prep School (Cedar Lake, IN)
- 1980: Salesian Monastery (Cedar Lake, IN)
- 1981-1982: Don Bosco Technical High School (Paterson, NJ)
- 1983-1988: Unknown
- 1989-1992: St. John Bosco (Harvey, LA)
- 1993: Unknown
- 1994-2000: St. John Bosco (Harvey, LA)
- 2001-2002: Salesian High School (New Rochelle, NY)
- 2002: Salesian Provincial House (New Rochelle, NY)
- 2003-2004: Unknown
- 2005-2006: Mary Help of Christians School (Tampa, FL)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Ernest Faggioni:
Fr. Ernest Faggioni (Fagione) was a priest of the Salesians Order. He spent most of his life in the New Orleans area, serving at different times as a teacher, principal, or treasurer at Hope Haven, a boarding school in Marrero for boys who were orphaned or whose families could not afford to raise them.
According to media reports, in Fall 2009, at least one claim was included in the almost $5.2 million settlement with the Archdiocese of New Orleans. An undisclosed number of adults had claimed that years earlier as children they were beaten, berated, and sexually molested at two Catholic orphanages. The suits were filed beginning in 2005. One plaintiff’s attorney said the church tried to suppress evidence of abuse at the institutions.
“We’ve had to fight the church tooth and nail for more than four years to get it to acknowledge wrongdoing,” he said.
In November 2018, Faggioni’s name was included on the Archdiocese of New Orleans’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted that the allegation of child sexual abuse in the 1950s and 1960s was reported in 2006.
In 2020, Faggiono’s name was also included on the Salesians list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Faggioni’s died in 2006.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Paterson. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Paterson, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Paterson now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.