Brother Finian (Robert) Magee
Diocese of Rockville Centre
Assigned as follows:
- 1955-1956 St. Leonard’s High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1956-1957 Our Lady of Good Counsel (Inwood, NY)
- 1957 St. Francis Xavier (New York, NY)
- 1957-1963 St. Aidan (Williston Park, NY)
- 1964-1966 Our Lady of Good Counsel (Inwood, NY)
- 1966-1969 Notre Dame (New Hyde Park, NY)
- 1969-1970 St. Aidan (Williston Park, NY)
- 1970-1971 St. Brigid (New York, NY)
- 1971-1981 St. Joseph’s (Babylon, NY)
- 1981-1982 St. Mary Star of the Sea (New York, NY)
- 1982-1993 St. Anthony High School (Long Island, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Brother Finian (Robert) Magee:
Brother Finian (Robert) Magee was a member of the Franciscan order in the Diocese of Rockville Centre. According to media reports, in April 2003, he was named in a child sexual abuse lawsuit, alleging that he abused a boy in the early 1970s while working at St. Joseph’s parish school in Babylon, New York. According to the suit, he groped and rubbed against a 12-year-old boy. He was the boy’s 6th-grade homeroom teacher and allegedly molested him in the classroom and in his private school office.
Brother Magee died in August 1993. His name is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.