Father Joseph Towle
Diocese of Rockville Centre
Assigned as follows:
- 1968-1971 St Ignatius Retreat House at Insafada (North Hills, NY)
- 1971-1978 Mount Manresa Retreat House (Staten Island, NY)
- 1979-1983 Jesuit Provincial’s Office (Bronx, NY)
- 1984-1997 Manida St. Jesuit Community (Bronx, NY)
- 1997-2002 St. Ignatius School (Bronx, NY)
- 2003 Unknown
- 2004-2009 West Side Jesuit Community (New York, NY)
- 2009-2010 Unknown
- 2011-2012 Jesuit Community of the Immaculate Conception (New York, NY)
- 2013-2016 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Joseph Towle:
Father Joseph Towle was ordained a priest of the Jesuit order that worked in the Diocese of Rockville Centre and Archdiocese of New York. According to media reports, in 2019, his name was included on the Jesuit’s list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.” The list includes any allegations where the offense was admitted by a Jesuit, or where it was established as credible after an investigation. The list noted that in 1991, an allegation was reported that Father Towle sexually abused a minor in 1971. He died in 2016.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.