Brother David (Felix) Baker (Xaverian Brothers)
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1962-1968: St. Joseph Prep (Bardstown, KY)
- 1968-1969: Xaverian High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1969-1971: England
- 1971-1979: Xaverian High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1979-1983: Youth Ministry, Bushwick (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1983-1984: Faculty, Colegio Cervantes Colonias (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- 1985-1990: Guidance, Xaverian High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1990-1993: ESL Teacher/Trainer (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- 1993-1994: ESL Instructor (Taejon, South Korea)
- 1994-1995: ESL Teacher (US Govt. Fellowship to Cluj, Romania)
- 1995-1997: ESL Teacher/Trainer (Instituto Mexicano de Saltillo, Coahuila)
- 1997-2003: ESL Specialist (St. Francis College, Brooklyn, NY)
- 2004-2019: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother David (Felix) Baker:
Br. Felix (David) Baker was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier and joined the Congregation in 1956. According to media reports, in 2003, child sexual abuse allegations were made against him relating to abuse that occurred in the mid-1980s in Brooklyn, New York. Br. Baker withdrew from the order in 2003.
In July 2019, Baker’s name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. His current whereabouts and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.