Brother Francis (Remigius) O’Lone
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1944: St. Mary School (Lawrence, MA)
- 1945-1948: St. Joseph School (Somerville, MA)
- 1949-1950: St. Michael DHS (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1951-1955: St. Xavier (Louisville, KY)
- 1956: Mt. Loretto (Staten Island, NY)
- 1957-1958: John Bapst High School (Bangor, ME)
- 1959-1972: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Wheaton, MD)
- 1972-1973: Anchor House (Washington, D.C.)
- 1974-1981: Residence, Our Lady of Good Counsel (Wheaton, MD)
- 1982: Retired, Ryken House (Louisville, KY)
- 1983: Nazareth Home (Louisville, KY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother Francis (Remigius) O’Lone:
Br. Francis (Remigius) O’Lone was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier. According to media reports, in 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. It noted a child sexual abuse allegation reported in 2008 at a summer camp in New Jersey in the late 1940s to early1950s, while he served at St. Michael DHS in Brooklyn, New York.
O’Lone was accused in a claim settled in 2020 in the mid-five figures of sexually abusing a boy, age 14, in 1952 at Camp St. Joseph’s Villa in Hackettstown, NJ.
O’Lone died in 1983.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.