Father John R. Dwyer
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1968-1970: St. Gregory the Great (Bellerose, NY)
- 1971-1973: St. James’ Pro-Cathedral/St. James’ Cathedral (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1972-1978: Diocesan Offices and Directors-Vocations (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1974-1977: Cathedral Preparatory Seminary of the Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, NY)
- 1978-1979: St. Vincent de Paul’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1980-1989: St. Martin of Tours-Fourteen Holy Martyrs (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1990-1996: Released from Diocesan Assignment
- 1990-1993: St. Joseph’s (Bradenton, FL)
- 1994-1996: St. Patrick’s (Sarasota, FL)
- 1997-2002: Our Lady of the Angelus (Queens, NY)
- 2003-2019: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John R Dwyer:
According to media reports, Fr. John R Dwyer was permanently removed from ministry in July 2002. In February 2019, Dwyer’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown.
His current whereabouts, status as a priest, and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.