Father Edward Burke
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- Bishop Loughlin High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- Bishop McDonnell High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- Fontbonne Academy (Brooklyn, NY)
- St. Angela Hall (Brooklyn, NY)
- Holy Family (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1936-1957: St. Rose of Lima’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1958-1966: Epiphany (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1967-1972: Our Lady of the Presentation (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1973-1996: Confraternity of Precious Blood (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1974-1996: Monastery of the Sisters Adorers of the Precious Blood (Brooklyn, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Burke:
Fr. Edward Burke worked as a counselor in multiple schools throughout Brooklyn, including Bishop Loughlin High School; Bishop McDonnell High School; Fontbonne Academy; and St. Angela Hall.
According to media reports, in February 2019, Burke’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. He retired in 1980 and died in December 1996. Whether he had access to children from 1980 until his death in 1996 is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.