Father James L. Rizer
Diocese of Richmond
Assigned as follows:
- Blessed Sacrament (Norfolk, VA)
- Diocesan Mission Fathers
- Holy Cross (Lynchburg, VA)
- Our Lady of Nazareth (Roanoke, VA)
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, (West Point, VA)
- Saint Bede (Williamsburg, VA)
- Saint Elizabeth (Richmond, VA)
- Saint Mary Star of the Sea (Fort Monroe, VA)
- Saint Patrick (Richmond, VA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James L. Rizer:
According to media reports, in February 2019, Father James L. Rizer’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Richmond’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. He died in 1989. The allegation was reported after his death.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Richmond. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Richmond, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Richmond now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.