Father Paul Vazhappily
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1962-1979 Unknown
- 1980-1983 St. Rosalia (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1984-1998 Holy Family (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1993-2003 Holy Family (Brooklyn, NY); NY Catholic Migration & Refugee Office, Catholic Migration Services, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1999-2006 Ss. Simon and Jude (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2004-2005 Indian Apostolate
- 2007-2019 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Paul Vazhappily:
According to media reports, Father Paul Vazhappily was permanently removed from ministry in April 2006. In February 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. His current status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.