Father James E. Beauregard
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1970-1972 Immaculate Heart of Mary (Rutland, VT)
- 1972-1973 St. Monica (Barre, VT)
- 1973- 1974 St. John the Evangelist (St. Johnsbury,VT)
- 1974-1975 St. Stephen (Winooski, VT)
- 1975-1976 Christ the King (Rutland, VT)
- 1976-1981 Mount St. Joseph Academy (Rutland, VT)
- 1979-1981 St. Anne (Middletown Springs, VT)
- 1981-1982 Rice Memorial High School (South Burlington, VT)
- 1982-1985 St. Anne (Middletown Springs, VT)
- 1985-1988 North American Martyrs (Marshfield, VT)
- 1988-1994 St. Elizabeth (Lyndonville, VT)
- 1994-1999 St. Joachim (Readsboro, VT)
- 1999 St. Sylvester (Graniteville, VT)
- 1999 Medical leave
- 2000-2002 St. Mary Star of the Sea (Newport, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James E. Beauregard:
Father James E. Beauregard served as a priest in Vermont for approximately 29 years. In January 2002, he reportedly retired for health reasons. In September 2003, he was removed from ministry. He died in 2015.
In August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.