Father Daniel Sheehan
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1980-1981: Holy Trinity (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1982: St. Edmund’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1983: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1984: St. Rosalia, Brooklyn, NY)
- 1985: Our Lady of Grace (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1986-1988: Absent on Sick Leave
- 1989-1992: Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home (Bayside, NY)
- 1992-1994: St. Thomas the Apostle (Salem, MA)
- 1995: Parsons Manor (Jamaica, NY)
- 1996-1997: St. Thomas the Apostle (Salem, MA)
- 1998: Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home (Bayside, NY)
- 1999: Parsons Manor (Jamaica, NY)
- 1999-2013: Maplebrook School (Amenia, New York)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Daniel Sheehan:
According to media reports, in 1998, Fr. Daniel Sheehan was placed on restrictions and he was laicized in 2012. In February 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. After his last assignment as a priest, Sheehan is last known to have worked between 1999-2013 as Academic Dean at Maplebrook School, a boarding school for students with learning disabilities. The school is located in Amenia, New York.
Sheehan is now deceased. He died in 2015.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.