Father Forrest Rouelle
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1956 Our Lady of the Snows Home for Girls (Randolph, VT)
- 1956-1957 Don Bosco Home for Boys (Burlington, VT)
- 1957-1962 St. Paul (Barton, VT)
- 1962-1965 St. Francis of Assisi, and Vermont State Prison (Windsor, VT)
- 1965-1968 St. Xavier (Winooski, VT)
- 1968-1970 St. Rose of Lima (South Hero, VT)
- 1970-1975 St. Anthony (Bethel, VT)
- 1975-1988 St. Francis of Assisi (Windsor, VT)
- 1988-1998 St. Mary Star of the Sea (Newport, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Forrest Rouelle:
Father Forrest Rouelle served as a priest in Vermont for approximately 42 years. According to media reports, his name was mentioned in the August 2008 trial against the Diocese of Burlington and Father Edward Paquette. Former Vicar General Searles was questioned about Father Rouelle and other priests in connection with the diocese’s concern about sexual misconduct allegations. Father Rouelle retired in January 1998, and died three months later in March 1998.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.