Father John A. Thompson
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1978-1979: St. Matthew’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1980-1986: Blessed Virgin Mary (Queens, NY)
- 1987: Bishop Ford Central Catholic High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1987-1988: Holy Name (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1988: Absent on Sick Leave
- 1989-1993: Corpus Christi (Queens, NY)
- 1989-1994: Msgr. McClancy High School (East Elmhurst, NY)
- 1994-1998: St. Michael Archangel and St. Edward (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1998-2002: St. Elizabeth’s (Ozone Park, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John A Thompson:
According to media reports, in March 2003, Fr. John A Thompson resigned from St. Elizabeth’s in Ozone Park, New York after being named in a lawsuit alleging sexual harassment by a female school principal and stealing over $100,000 from the diocese. She was fired from her position at the school.
In September 2002, Thompson denied the abuse allegations but pleaded guilty to a felony charge of grand larceny. He agreed to pay back all the money he had stolen.
In February 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Thompson died in October 2009 and was laicized that same year.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.