Father John G. McLoughlin
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1966-1967: St. Mary’s (Flushing, NY)
- 1984 -1992: Our Lady of Mercy (Queens, NY)
- 1968-1970: Mary’s Nativity (Flushing, NY)
- 1971-1974: Cathedral Preparatory Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, (Elmhurst, NY)
- 1994: Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1975-1980: Good Shepherd (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1981-1983: St. Sebastian’s (Queens, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John G McLoughlin:
According to media reports, in 2002, a lawsuit was filed alleging that Fr. John G McLoughlin sexually abused a minor boy in 1974 while he was assigned to Cathedral Prep High School in Elmhurst, New York.
In October 2003, he was one of 24 priests named in a lawsuit filed by 27 plaintiffs alleging child sexual abuse within the Diocese of Brooklyn. The suit alleged that McLoughlin sexually abused two minor brothers at St. Mary’s Nativity in Brooklyn in the late 1960s. The alleged abuse occurred at the rectory and at a home in Rocky Point.
In February 2019, McLoughlin’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
McLoughlin died in August 1994.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.