Father William Gallagher
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1965-1966 St. Monica (Barre, VT)
- 1966-1970 Christ the King (Rutland, VT)
- 1970-1972 St. John the Evangelist (St. Johnsbury, VT)
- 1972-1975 Cathedral (Burlington, VT)
- 1975-1981 St. James (Island Pond, VT)
- 1981-2002 Our Lady of the Snows (Woodstock, VT)
- 2001-2002 Our Lady of the Mountains (Killington, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father William Gallagher:
According to media reports, Father William Gallagher served in Vermont for approximately 37 years. In May 2002, he was placed on administrative leave, but then resigned. One month later in June, he retired. He died in October 2003.
In August 2019, Father ‘s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.