Monsignor Francis Mulhall
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- St. Theresa of Avila (Brooklyn, NY)
- St. Gregory the Great (Bellerose, NY)
- 1948-1954: St. Thomas Aquinas (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1955-1966: St. Teresa’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1967-1971: St. Michael (Flushing, NY)
- 1972-1982: Our Lady Queen of Martyrs (Forest Hills, NY)
- 1983-1986: St. Thomas Aquinas (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1987-1991: Immaculate Conception Center (Douglaston, NY)
- 1988-1991: Cathedral Preparatory Seminary of the Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, NY)
- 1992-2007: Retired, Bishop Mugavero Residence (Douglaston, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Francis Mulhall:
Msgr. Francis Mulhall was assigned to the diocesan marriage tribunal, which decides annulment cases. According to media reports, in October 2003, he was one of 24 priests named in a civil lawsuit filed by 27 plaintiffs for child sexual abuse. One woman alleged that she was sexually abused by Mulhall in 1984 when she was 7 or 8 years old. At the time, Mulhall was serving at St. Thomas Aquinas in Brooklyn, New York. She said he fondled her in the rectory and confessional. Mulhall was one of only three out of the 24 priests who were active when the suit was filed.
In February 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Mulhall retired in 1992 and was removed from ministry in 2002. He died in September 2009.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.