Monsignor John H. Maurer
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1955-1958: St. Margaret’s (Middle Village, NY)
- 1959-1965: Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (Ridgewood, NY)
- 1966-1969: St. Mark’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1970-1973: St. Benedict’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1974-1976: St. Columba (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1977: Mary Immaculate Hospital (Jamaica, NY)
- 1978-1981: Parsons Manor (Jamaica, NY)
- 1982-1993: St. Margaret’s (Brooklyn, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor John H Maurer:
According to media reports, at least one survivor accused Msgr. John H Maurer of child sexual abuse that occurred from approximately 1966 to 1968 while he worked at St. Mark’s in Brooklyn. In February 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Maurer died in April 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.