Father John Thomann
Archdiocese of New Orleans
Assigned as follows:
- Our Lady of Lourdes (New Orleans, LA)
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor (Chackbay, LA)
- Resurrection of Our Lord (New Orleans, LA)
- St. Charles Borromeo Church (Destrehan, LA)
- St. Frances Cabrini (New Orleans, LA)
- St. Henry (New Orleans, LA)
- St. Joseph Church (Gretna, LA)
- St. Joseph (Galliano, LA)
- St. Leo the Great (New Orleans, LA)
- St. Rose of Lima Church (New Orleans, LA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John Thomann:
According to media reports, in November 2018, Father John Thomann’s name appeared publicly on the Archdiocese of New Orleans’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted an allegation of abuse in the 1960s was received in 1966. He was removed from ministry in 1967, and died in 1989.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims of sexual abuse in the Archdiocese of New Orleans. The Archdiocese of New Orleans filed for federal bankruptcy protection in April 2020. Our lawyers are now offering free legal consultations to discuss your legal options as a survivor of sexual abuse by priests and other employees of the New Orleans Archdiocese.
Very strict filing deadlines will soon be set by the Bankruptcy Court. Most victims of abuse will never be able to recover damages if they miss this deadline, so please contact us to discuss your case today. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an e-mail to [email protected].