Brother Finian (Robert) Magee
Assigned as follows:
- 1955-1956: St. Leonard’s High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1956-1957: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Inwood, NY)
- 1957: St. Francis Xavier (New York, NY)
- 1957-1963: St. Aidan (Williston Park, NY)
- 1964-1966: Our Lady of Good Counsel (Inwood, NY)
- 1966-1969: Notre Dame (New Hyde Park, NY)
- 1969-1970: St. Aidan (Williston Park, NY)
- 1970-1971: St. Brigid (New York, NY)
- 1971-1981: St. Joseph’s (Babylon, NY)
- 1981-1982: St. Mary Star of the Sea (New York, NY)
- 1982-1993: St. Anthony High School (Long Island, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother Finian (Robert) Magee:
Br. Finian Magee was a member of the Franciscan order. According to media reports, in April 2003, he was named in a child sexual abuse lawsuit, alleging that he abused a boy in the early 1970s while working at St. Joseph’s parish school in Babylon, New York. According to the suit, he groped and rubbed against a 12-year-old boy. He was the boy’s 6th-grade homeroom teacher and allegedly molested him in the classroom and in his private school office.
Magee died in August 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.