Father Michael Hannon
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1953: St. Anthony’s (Bunkie, LA)
- 1954: St. Rita’s (Alexandria, LA)
- 1955-1956: St. Matthew’s (Monroe, LA)
- 1957-1963: St. Joseph’s (Monroe, LA)
- 1964-1970: Absent On Leave
- 1967: St. Augustine’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1968: St. Anthony of Padua (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1969-1973: St. Joseph’s (Long Island City, NY)
- 1972-1982: On Duty Outside the Diocese
- 1974: Our Lady of Miracles (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1975-1995: St. Luke’s (Whitestone, NY)
- 1977-1978: Our Lady of Miracles (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1996: Retired; Ozanam Hall (Bayside, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Michael Hannon:
According to media reports, in 1963, Fr. Michael Hannon left the Diocese of Alexandria. He was incardinated into the Diocese of Brooklyn in 1982. His name was included in the Diocese of Alexandria’s 2019 list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. A review of his file revealed evidence of multiple allegations of sexual abuse of minor boys in the 1960s. The details of the allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Hannon’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Hannon retired in 1996 and died in 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.