Father Rudolph T. Vorisek
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1957-1968: St. Peter’s College (Baltimore, MD)
- 1969-1976: St. Mark’s University Parish (Isla Vista, CA)
- 1972-1976: University of California at Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, CA)
- 1977-1984: Christ of the King Chapel (Grand Rapids, MI)
- 1985-2005: St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1992-1994: St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center (New York, NY)
- 1999-2011: Paulist Fathers Generalate (Queens, NY)
- 2007-2011: Paulist Fathers’ Motherhouse (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Rudolph T Vorisek:
Fr. Rudolph T Vorisek was ordained a Paulist priest in 1956. According to media reports, in December 2018, his name was included on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ updated list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted a report was received in 2013 that he sexually abused a minor from 1966 to 1970.
Vorisek is also named on the Paulist’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted a report was made in 2013 alleging that Vorisek sexually abused a minor in 1970 at St. Mark’s University Parish in Goleta, California.
In April 2019, his name appeared on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Vorisek died in May 2011.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.