Father William Allison
Diocese of Fresno
Assigned as Follows:
- 1949-1952: Mater Dolorosa (Plaucheville, LA)
- 1952-1955: St. Francis de Sales (Echo, LA)
- 1955-1957: Not indexed
- 1957-1958: St. Joseph Cathedral (San Diego, CA)
- 1958-1963: Absent on Leave
- 1960-1961: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Flagstaff, AZ)
- 1963-1964: Immaculate Conception; St. Joseph’s (Capitola, CA); Sacred Heart (Villa Maria del Mar, CA); Resurrection (Aptos, CA)
- 1966-1969: Sacred Heart (Fresno, CA)
- 1969-1973: Sacred Heart (Avondale, CO); St. Joseph’s (Huerfano, CO); St. William’s (Boone, CO)
- 1971-1975: Cathedral of San Carlos Borromeo (Monterey, CA); Annunciation (Stephen Place, CA); Monterey Peninsula College Newman (Monterey, CA)
- 1973-1975: Our Lady of Fatima (Monroe, LA)
- 1975-1983: Christ the King (Bossier City, LA); Mary Queen of Peace (Caplis, LA); Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary (Doyline, LA)
- 1975-1977: Barksdale Air Force Base (Bossier City, LA)
- 1983-1987: St. Francis Xavier Cathedral
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father William Allison:
Fr. William Allison was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Alexandria, LA in 1948, who served in the Diocese of Fresno. According to media reports, in 1963, a letter was written by Fr. James Lindenmeyer, Fr. Allison’s supervisor regarding allegations of three young men in the parish that told Fr. Lindenmeyer they were abused by Fr. Allison at Our Lady of Guadalupe. Shortly after, Fr. Allison was sent to a treatment center for “troubled priests,” and was able to continue working as a patient.
In 2005, the Gallup diocesan officials stated that they had also received at least one credible accusations against Allison.
In July of 2011, a civil suit was filed against Fr. Allison for having abused “many children,” dating all the way back to 1963. One allegation referred to a specific defendant who claimed that he had been abused by Allison starting when he was just 9-years-old, and continued for almost two years. Father William Allison’s name appeared on the Gallup Diocese’s list of credibly accused clergy and Monterey’s list as well as Alexandria’s list of accused.
Several other allegations have been filed against Fr. Allison, since his passing in 1987. Almost all have been deemed credible and have been brought too/settled in court. The most recent allegation includes the abuse of a male minor that was reported in 2019, from abuse that occurred in 1961. The exact number of Fr. Allison’s victims is unknown, and continuously growing.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.