Monsignor Raphael J. Testagrossa
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1934-1936: St. Joseph Patron of the Universal Church (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1937-1944: St. Joseph’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1945-1950: St. Rita’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1951-1966: St. Joseph Patron of the Universal Church (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1967-1976: Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Ozone Park, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Raphael J Testagrossa:
According to media reports, in 2019, Msgr. Raphael J Testagrossa was named in a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a minor boy from 1958 to 1962. At the time, Testagrossa worked at St. Joseph Patron of the Universal Church in Brooklyn, New York.
Fr. Romano Ferraro, an accused priest, was also a priest serving at St. Joseph Patron in Brooklyn at the same time Testagrossa was.
Testagrossa died in 1977.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.