Father Carleton Parker Jones
- 1989-1990: St. Catherine of Siena (New York, NY)
- 1991: indexed at St. Vincent Ferrar Priory (New York, NY), but “serving elsewhere”; not listed at next assignment. Indexed as ordained in 1987 (previously indexed as ordained in 1988);
- 1992-1995: St. Patrick’s (Columbus, OH)
- 1996-2001: St. Mary’s Priory Church (New Haven, CT)
- 2003-2010: St. Vincent Ferrer Priory (New York, NY)
- 2011-2012: SS. Philip and James (Baltimore, MD)
- 2015-2017: St. Dominic Church and Priory (Washington D.C.)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Carleton Parker Jones:
Fr. Carleton Parker Jones, a Dominican cleric, was named in a 2019 lawsuit. According to media reports, he allegedly sexually assaulted an eight-year-old boy in which Jones was preparing for his first confession and first communion in the early 1990s. The lawsuit names as defendants, Jones, the Dominican Province of St. Joseph, and St. Catherine of Siena parish in New York City, where Jones served at the time of the abuse.
The victim first reported the abuse in September 2018 that he had been abused but was not able to file the lawsuit until New York state enacted the Child Victims Act, a law giving sexual assault victims a one-year window to file litigation regardless of when it occurred.
Jones was an Episcopal priest prior to converting to Catholicism in 1982. He then worked as a Dominican in New York, NY; Columbus, OH; New Haven, CT; Baltimore, MD; and Washington, DC.
Jones’ whereabouts since his removal in 2019 are unknown. He may be residing in one of the Dominicans’ monasteries, but we have not been able to verify his exact location.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.