Father Edward Horgan
Archdiocese of New York/Jesuits
- 1961-1962: College of the Sacred Heart (Woodstock, MD)
- 1962-1966: Our Lady of Martyrs (Auriesville, NY)
- 1965-1970: Regis High School (New York, NY)
- 1971-1976: Director of High Schools, Jesuit Provincial Office (New York, NY)
- 1977-1978: Novitiate of St. Isaac Jaques (Wernersville, PA)
- 1978-1982: Saint Andrew Hall (Syracuse, NY)
- 1983-1994: St. Ignatius Retreat House, Inisfada (Manhasset, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Edward Horgan:
According to media reports, Fr. Edward D. Horgan was ordained a priest of the Jesuit order and was assigned to various parishes throughout Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. In January 2019, his name was included on the Jesuit’s list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.”
It noted that in 2007, an allegation was reported that Horgan sexually abused a minor in 1966 when he was serving at Regis High School in New York City, New York. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Reportedly, Horgan was at St. Ignatius Retreat House, a Jesuit mansion used for spiritual guidance, in Manhasset, NY from 1983 until he died in 1994.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.