Father Herman Heide
Archdiocese of New York
- 1942-1944: Our Lady of Martyrs (New York, NY)
- 1945-1946: Chaplain for the US Army (NY)
- 1946-1969: St. Joseph’s (New York, NY)
- 1970-1988: Our Lady of Loretto (Cold Spring on Hudson, NY)
- 1989: St. Anthony (White Plains, NY)
- 1990-1997: Retired; Archbishop Stepinac High School (White Plains, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Herman Heide:
Fr. Herman Heide is listed on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims.
The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Heide’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown. Heide died in 1997 at the age of 84.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.