Father John Doolan
Archdiocese of New York/Jesuits
- 1964-1965: Weston College (Weston, MA)
- 1965-1966: Our Lady of Martyrs Tertianship (Auriesville, NY)
- 1966-1967: Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Tol, Truk District, Caroline Islands, Micronesia)
- 1968-1969: Immaculate Heart of Mary (Moen (Wona, Truk District, Caroline Islands, Micronesia)
- 1970-1973: St. Anthony’s (Dublon, Truk District, Caroline Islands, Micronesia)
- 1974-1975: Cranwell School (Lenox, MA)
- 1975-1978: The Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University (Berkeley, CA)
- 1979-2002: Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs (Auriesville, NY)
- 2003-2008: Murray-Weigel Hall (New York, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John Doolan:
In 1999, sexual abuse allegations were reported against Fr. John Doolan. Documents do not state how many allegations were lodged against him, but he admitted to the abuse of minors in the 1960s and 1970s.
In 2002, Doolan was sent to Murray-Weigel Hall, the Jesuit New York Province’s infirmary and retirement home on campus at Fordham University.
In January 2019, Doolan’s name was included on a list of Jesuit priests who served in the Federated States of Micronesia between the 1950s and 1990s who have had “credible claims of sexual abuse of minors” against them.
He was permanently removed from ministry in 2006 and died in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.