Father John Harrington
Archdiocese of New York
- 1946: Boston College (Boston, MA)
- 1947: The New York Foundling Hospital (New York, NY)
- 1948-1961: Immaculate Conception (Yonkers, NY)
- 1962-1964: St. Peter’s (Yonkers, NY)
- 1965-1970: Cardinal McCloskey Home (White Plains, NY)
- 1971-1979: Our Lady of Victory (Mt. Vernon, NY)
- 1980-1982: Immaculate Conception (Tomkins Cove, NY)
- 1983-1995: Immaculate Conception (Stony Point, NY)
- 1996: Unknown
- 1997: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John Harrington:
In 2017, Fr. John Harrington was publicly accused of sexual abuse of minors when allegations were reported to the Archdiocese of New York. A longtime director of Family Services for New York Catholic Charities, Harrington, was named on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims.
The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1996 until his death, is unknown. Harrington died in 2009.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.